Windows Vista hides the administrator account by default. This is done as a security measure. In this guide you’ll learn how to activate the administrator account in Windows Vista.
Enabling the Administrator Account
Vista Ultimate & Business Users
1. Press the Start button, right click on Computer, and select Manage
2. Click on Local Users And Groups
3. Open the Users folder, right click on the Administrator account, and click Properties
4. Now uncheck Account is Disabled and click OK
Note: To disable the account, follow the same procedure.
Vista Home Basic and Home Premium Users
- Press the Start button, type CMD, right click cmd.exe and click Run as administrator
- Type net user administrator /active and press Enter
- Type Exit and the administrator account will now be active
Note: To disable the account, follow the same procedure and replace the command in step 2 with the following: net user administrator /active:no