Every month we take a look around some of the most interesting windows-related web sites. We collect the best free stuff and write tips to help you get more out of Windows. Below you’ll find wallpapers, icon packs, fonts, screensavers, and freeware we’ve found over the last 30 days. We’ve also put together our most popular windows guides.
Enjoy the overview of stuff you shouldn’t have missed in October 2008.
Looking for more cool Windows-related websites, or have your own? Check out the competition for the ‘Best Windows Customization Website‘.
Desktop Wallpapers (More Wallpapers)
Icon Packs (More Icon Packs)
SNOW.E 2 XP
Windows Icons V1
Q’s Vista Ready Icons
YellowIcon Crystal Set
(Choose the Linux Download)
CEM Icon Pack
Misto Icon Pack
Affel Icon Pack
Old School Icons
Aeon Icon Pack
Pure Icon Pack
Tango Icon Library
165 Vector Icons (5 Colors)
Flat Panel Icons
Green Icon Set
iLeopard Icons Pack
Vista Style Ultimate
Halloween Icon Packs
A Candy Halloween
Witch Hat icon
Halloween Fonts (More Fonts)
All Used Up
Halloween Desktop Themes
Screensavers (From September) (More Screensavers)
24 CTU Display 3 (Widescreen)
A screen saver based on the one used at CTU on the show 24.Supports a widescreen resolution of 1440 x 900 and greater.
Glowing Vista ORB Screensaver
Animated Glowing Vista ORB Screensaver.
Live 3D Earth 1.8 ScreenSaver
Realistic 3D Earth model will rotate on your desktop with photo-realistic colourful graphics and music (You can add/modify your own playlist.) Best for 1280×1024 resolution.
Glowing Windows Flag SCR
Animated Glowing Windows Flag Screensaver.
Heart on Fire
Windows 7 Screensaver
Windows 7 Style Screensaver, the upcoming new OS from Microsoft.
Freeware (More Freeware)
- Put User Account Control (UAC) in Quiet Mode [How To]
- KeyScrambler Encrypts Browser Keystrokes
- iSpring Publishes PowerPoint Presentations as Flash Movies
- Senf Finds Potentially Sensitive Numbers on Your Hard Drive
- Save Hard Drive Space with NTFS Compression
- Encrypt Your Files from the Right-click Menu in Vista
- Activate the Administrator Account in Vista [How To]
- Customize the Windows Vista Send To Menu [How To]
- Use Native CD & DVD Burning in Windows Vista [How To]