Windows Guides is looking for a new writer; this is a paid position.*
Please apply to this position if you are:
- Available to write at least one post per week.
- A native or fluent English speaker.
- Technically inclined and have a deep knowledge about Windows.
- Creative and can write interesting articles with original, quality content.
- Familiar with writing articles using Wordpress (or willing to learn without assistance.)
- Able to take high quality screenshots, which help users follow your guides.
- Using Windows 7 on your computer and you have access to Windows XP and Vista.
RSVR85—a writer for the site—and I have experimented over the last week with the following, which provides good compensation for high-quality articles:
To receive compensation for your articles, you will need a Google Adsense account—that’s all. After that, your ads will appear at the top of every article, you write, 50% of the time. Any genuine clicks on these ads will generate direct revenue to you. Ads at the top of posts have a CPM (earnings per 1000 impressions) of around $2. With the most popular articles seeing close to (and over for a couple of posts) 1,000,000 page views, you can see the earning potential. The key to being successful as a Windows Guides writer is writing high-quality content that attracts many visitors.
How To Apply
To apply for the position with:
- An explanation of how you meet the application criteria above.
- Your name and location.
- Where your skills with Windows are (i.e. Customization, Software, Networking etc.)
- A sample article for the site (this article won’t be used unless you’re hired as a writer.)
Please be sure to include all of the above.
* Your Google Adsense ad will appear 50% of the time, on all posts you publish. Higher quality posts will attract traffic and increase revenues. You will need to sign up for a free Google Adsense account if you don’t already have one.
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides