The new comment system is live and seems to be working… fairly well. With 120 successful comments in the last 24 hours, things look good; however, I’ve heard, from 10+ people, comments like:
Rich, I don’t get your new comment system! Where do I sign up? There are great screen shots but from where? Color me confused. :)
Stephanie via Facebook
If 1 in a 1,000 people speak up, then… 300,000 (slight margin of error factored) people are struggling with the comments by now.
To post a comment:
- Scroll down to the comments.
- Click From and select your desired account (if you don’t have one, I recommend signing up for a JS-Kit Account if you want a profile and access to private messages.)
- I chose Facebook so I need to authenticate.
- Each account differs, but you’ll basically need to log in.
- Enter your comment and click Post.
Change Your Avatar
To post a comment with a custom avatar:
- Follow steps 1-4 from above.
- Hover over your avatar, click the highlighter icon, browse for a picture, enter a comment, and click Post.
Edit Your Profile
Your profile will build as you post comments on this site and other sites that use JS-Kit Echo (JS-Kit account required–see step 2 under Basic Usage.) To edit your profile:
- Click your name next to your comment and clicking View details.
- Click Edit profile, change your name, add websites, and click Save changes.
Take Away: Post a Comment!
If you aren’t already aware, between now and Sunday, September 13, 2009 @ 11 P.M. EST (GMT-5.), every time you post a comment, you get a shot at winning Windows 7 Home Premium (more details.)
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides