If you use multiple partitions on your hard drive, you may want to shrink or extend one of them – after realizing you want more space on another one of the partitions. This guide will show you how to shrink or extend a partition on your hard drive.
1. Right click on Computer and then click Manage.
2. The Computer Management Console will show.
3. In the left pane, click Storage and then Disk Management. Then the next screen is shown (on the right pane).
4. Now you see all your partitions which you have created. To shrink a partition, simply right click on the partition and choose Shrink Volume.
5. The next screen is then shown.
6. Here you can enter the amount of space to shrink in MB.
If you would like to extend a partition, you will need to make sure there is empty space available behind the partition. Then go back to step 4 and instead select Extend Volume.
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides