Welcome to www.mintywhite.com! If you're new here, you may want to subscribe to the RSS feed.
Take a tour of www.Mintywhite.com
Thanks for visiting!
When you try to install Windows Vista SP1 via Windows Update you can get error: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 is not available for installation from Windows Update and is not offered by Automatic Updates.
To help ensure a positive update experience, Windows Update will temporarily not offer Windows Vista SP1 to systems that have the following device drivers. In some cases, these device drivers are problematic on Windows Vista-based computers when you update to Windows Vista SP1. By installing updated device drivers, you will resolve the issue and enable Windows Update to offer Windows Vista SP1.
- For x86-based computers: Alcxwdm.sys - version 126.96.36.19942 or earlier
- For x64-based computers: Alcwdm64.sys - version 188.8.131.5242 or earlier
- For x86-based computers: Sthda.sys - version 5.10.5762.0 or earlier
- For x64-based computers: Sthda64.sys - version 5.10.5762.0 or earlier
- For x86-based computers: Stwrt.sys - version 6.10.5511.0 or earlier
- For x64-based computers: Stwrt64.sys - version 6.10.5511.0 or earlier
- For x86-based and x64-based computers: Ctaud2k.sys - version 184.108.40.2062 or earlier
- For x86-based computers: P17.sys – all versions (This was originally a Windows XP-based driver.)
Conexant HD Audio
- For x86-based computers: Chdart.sys - version 220.127.116.11 or earlier
- For x64-based computers: Chdart64.sys - version 18.104.22.168 or earlier
Biometric (Fingerprint) Sensors
- AuthenTec Fingerprint Sensor with the Atswpdrv.sys driver file – version 22.214.171.124 or earlier
- UPEK Fingerprint Sensor with the Tcusb.sys driver file – version 126.96.36.199 or earlier
- For x86-based computers: Igdkmd32.sys – versions between and including driver 188.8.131.522 and 184.108.40.2063
- For x64-based computers: Igdkmd64.sys – versions between and including driver 220.127.116.112 and 18.104.22.1683
- Texas Instruments Smart Card Controller with the GTIPCI21.sys driver file – version 22.214.171.124 or earlier
- Sierra Wireless AirCard 580 with the Watcher.exe application – version 126.96.36.199 or earlier (This application is located in the AirCard 580 Program Files folder.)
Symantec software driver for Symantec Endpoint Protection and for Symantec Network Access Control clients
- For x86-based computers: Wgx.sys – versions 11.0.1000.1091 or earlier
- For x64-based computers: Wgx64.sys – versions 11.0.1000.1091 or earlier
Please visit Microsoft Knowledge Base Article about this issue and find out what you can do about it.
April 6th, 2008 at 10:32 am
It took me so long to figure this out!!!
April 9th, 2008 at 3:41 am
I would like to come here again. It sounds god to me, and there’s a lot of interesting information here
April 9th, 2008 at 4:01 am
Good to know, but I think the problem may be solved?