Most of us love movies and many of us love to collect them. Today I’ll take a look at five of the best freeware movie organizing programs, share their best features, and point you to them. I’ve selected these five from a wide selection of available programs because they work well and will help you get on top of your movie collection.
Programs to Help Your Organize Your Movie Collection
- Rate movies you’ve seen and actors you like
- Easily maintain a wish list
- Price information and tools to help you find the best bargains
- keep track of the videos you own, as well as those you’ve loaned
- The YouTube search will return trailers, interviews, making of, alternate scenes, spoofs, and much more!
- Use PicLens with Coollector to get stunning visualizations of your DVD collection, your favorite movies, your favorite actors, etc…
I Heart Movies
- Organize, rate, and categorize your entire collection
- Mark who’s borrowing what from you
- Link someone to your entire collection so they can see everything you have
- Much more…
Sign Up for I Heart Movies
- Add movies and locate them for 22 film databases
- Search big collections by keywords or date ranges
- Track the movies you’ve loaned out
- Download movie posters
- Select a random movie from your collection that you haven’t watched yet
Ant Movie Catalog
- Store detailed information about your movies such as codecs, audio format, resolution etc.
- Access over 211 movie databases
- Built in support for 30 languages
- Import databases in common formats from other media managers
Download Ant Movie Catalog
MeD’s Movie Manager
- Catalog the movies you own
- Pull film info from IMDB or TV.com
- Retrieve cover art
Download MeD’s Movie Manager
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides