This is a quick trick that will allow you to force grouping of similar items on your task bar. This can be very useful, for example: if you have a few browser windows open — but not enough to switch on the auto grouping — and you want to see them collectively.
To get this to work, do the following:
- Press WINKEY+R. (Or click Start > Run)
- Type Regedit and press enter.
- Go to HKEY_CURRRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Advanced
- Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value named TaskbarGroupSize in this location.
- Set the value to 2 or higher to set the minimum number of values to initiate item grouping.
This should take effect immediately; although, you may need to restart if it doesn’t work straight away.
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides