Windows 7 is a worldwide operating system and Microsoft made a really good move by adding regional wallpapers into the operating system. When you choose your region settings, the appropriate theme is displayed. In this guide, you’ll learn how to activate hidden regional settings in Windows 7.
Activating Hidden Regional Themes
To activate regional themes, do the following:
- Open Computer, click Organize, and select Folder and Search Options
- Under the View tab, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and uncheck Hide Protected operating system files
- When prompted, select Yes. Click OK on Folder Options
- Navigate to %systemroot%\Globalization\MCT\
- Select a region by opening its folder and double click on the theme file to activate the themes
You can now use Windows 7’s “hidden” themes.
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides