I’m sure you have a MP3-Player of sorts. Most players have a mini USB plug that allows you to connect it to a computer. But what If it doesn’t ? Or what IF you don’t want to use any software players ?
Windows 7 have a feature called: “Listen To Device”. What it does is let you connect your mp3-player (iPod, Zune, mobile phone, etc.) to the Line-In port (using the Jack Contact), and directly pass the music through to the Computers Speakers. Without using any software player.
Setup “Listen To Device”
- Connect your player to to the Line-in using a Jack-to-Jack Contact.
- Right Click on the Speaker Icon in the Taskbar Tray and choose “Recording Devices“.
- If not open, click the tab called “Recording”.
- Now you should see two connection choice: Microphone and Line. Choose, Line.
- This will enable the Properties button. Click it.
- Click the Tab called: “Listen”
- Check the Box, called: “Listen to this Device”
- Click OK or Apply
Now, all you have to do is Press Play on you device, and Voila !
Remember to set your device Volume to Max, otherwise you will get quite a poor listening experience.