If you’re finished with the hype of Windows 7 or you just want to migrate to a different machine, this guide will help you remove the OS from your computer.
More Windows Seven Guides
Removing Windows 7 from Your Computer
To remove Windows 7 from your computer, do the following in Windows Vista:
- Press Start and click Control Panel
- In the search box, type Advanced system and click on View advanced system settings in the search results
- Under the Advanced tab, click on Startup and recovery > Settings…
- Change the default operating system to Microsoft Windows Vista and click OK
- Click the Start button, right click on Computer, and select Manage
- In the left pane, click Disk Management
- Find the Windows 7 partition, right click it, and select Delete Volume…
Windows 7 is now removed from your computer. You may now reclaim the partition or put it to another use.
Rich is the owner and creator of Windows Guides; he spends his time breaking things on his PC so he can write how-to guides to fix them.
- More Posts (1018)
Search Windows Guides