If you want to change your Windows 7 Logon Background you would normally be advised to download a 3rd party application to do the job for you. With this Registry Tweak you don’t have to.
Remember, since this does involve editing the Registry you should take a backup before you start, but you already know that don’t you :-) If you’re new to editing the registry, start here.
1. Open RegEdit and locate
2. In the Right Pane, Create a new DWORD and name it
3. Set the Value to 1 to enabled it (0 = disable)
4. Close RegEdit
Before you Reboot you need to create your background image and place it in the right folder. There are some strict rules, so pay attention please.
- Image must be placed in the folder: C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\Backgrounds
- Images must be 24-bit and not larger than 256kb
- Default Image must be named:
BackgroundDefault.jpg(This file Have to be there no matter what)
- If you would like to save resolution dependent versions of your image you can name them like this:
Computer geek from the age of 7, which amounts to 30 years of computer experience. From the early days (when every computer company had their own OS) of DOS, Windows 1.0 through Seven...
Search Windows Guides