If your [insert account user type here] plays inappropriate or too many games, you can intervene and set controls with Windows Vista. In this guide, you’ll learn how to restrict what games can be played by account users.
This guide is included as part of the Windows Guides Vista User Accounts and Parental Controls Series. Please visit the main page if you would like to learn why this guide may be useful.
Restricting Games by Rating, Name, or Title
- Make sure you are logged in as the administrator of the computer
- Press the Start button and select Control Panel
- Under User Accounts and Family Safety, click Set up parental controls for any user
- If prompted, (type your password and) select Continue
Click the account you want to add parental controls to
- Click on Games
- From this screen, you can set controls on what kinds of rated games are allowed and even specify which component ratings you want to allow and disallow. You can also select individual games to block
- Press OK to save your choices