Installing themes on your Vista desktop is now easier than ever. Simply follow this guide to have themes running on your computer in no time.
Installing a Desktop Theme in Vista or XP
To install a theme, do the following:
- Download a theme here
- Download and install VistaGlazz
- Open VistaGlazz
- Click on the first icon and click “Patch files” (You’ll need to reboot after this)
- OPTIONAL: Click the second icon to enable transparent title bars in maximized mode
- Extract the contents of the theme zip file you downloaded to %windir%ResourcesThemes (%windir% is usually C:Windows)
- Right click your desktop and click “Personalize”
- Click “Theme”
- Select your theme from the drop down list and click OK
Now you’ll need to change your wallpaper to match the theme and install any docks or other add-ons that came with the theme download (they’re all different, so it’s hard to write a comprehensive guide for them all.)
Rich is the owner and creator of Windows Guides; he spends his time breaking things on his PC so he can write how-to guides to fix them.
- More Posts (1019)
Search Windows Guides