There may be several reasons for removing certain programs from the add/remove programs list in Windows XP/Vista. One reason may be that you have no intention of removing some programs and they are cluttering the list - or you may want to remove that net monitoring program so your kids can’t remove it. In this guide you will learn how to remove these programs.
Please Note: This guide involves working with the Windows Registry. If this is your first time editing the registry, please read this guide to get you started. Learn how to backup and restore your registry here.
Removing Entries from the Add/Remove Programs List
1. Press the windows key and R
2. Type in regedit
3. Now you will see the registry editor.
4. Go to the following entry:
5. In the left pane are the programs (some represented by numbers and letters, and some by their name) and in the right pane you can see the display name.
6. Find the key that corresponds to the program you want to hide. Select the key in the left pane and click File > Export
7. Choose a name for the file and save it. (This will allow you to restore the key when you want to uninstall the program.)
8. Now the key is backed up, you can delete the key by right clicking on it and choosing Delete