Installing Drupal on Your Local Windows InstallationWindows Vista Guides, Windows XP Guides Add comments
In this guide, you’ll learn how to set up Drupal on your local WAMP server. Drupal is a free software package that allows an individual or a community of users to easily publish, manage and organize a wide variety of content on a website. Tens of thousands of people and organizations are using Drupal to power scores of different web sites, including:
- Community web portals
- Discussion sites
- Corporate web sites
- Intranet applications
- Personal web sites or blogs
- Aficionado sites
- E-commerce applications
- Resource directories
- Social Networking sites
This guide is part of the Turning Your Computer into a Local Web Server series. Learn more from the main page.
Installing Drupal on Your Local WAMP Server
To install Drupal on WAMP, do the following:
- Download the latest version of Drupal here
- Extract the zip file and copy the drupal directory to C:\wamp\www
- Give the directory a meaningful name
- Now go to http://localhost/. Under Your Aliases, click on phpmyadmin
- When phpMyAdmin loads, click on Databases. Under Create a new database, type in a database name and click Create
- You will receive confirmation that the database creation is successful
- Go to C:\wamp\www\[your directory]\sites\default
- Copy default.settings.php and rename the copy to settings.php
- Go to http://localhost/[your_directory_name]. You will see the Drupal installation screen.
- Choose Install Drupal in English
- If, you see the following error, make sure the file is correctly named “settings.php” and that you are in the C:\wamp\www\[your directory]\sites\default directory
- Enter your database name from earlier and enter the username as root. You will not need a password as you’ve not selected one yet.
- Configure your site’s settings as desired.
- Installation of Drupal is now complete and you can now log in.
Now you’ve learned how to install Drupal on your Windows machine, you may now add LDAP integration in ten minutes or less.
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides
1 Response to Installing Drupal on Your Local Windows Installation
Trackbacks (Trackback URL)