|We recommend! Click here to increase PC Speed|
In the past, I’ve recommended splitting your drive into partitions so the if you need to reinstall your operating system, you will not lose personal data. Other reasons to create partitions include the following: ensuring minimal fragmentation on your system drive and not filling your system partition up to the point where your operating system cannot function properly anymore. There are many disk management solutions out there and Windows even comes with one built in. If you are looking for a good, free program to manage your hard disk drives, EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition is a great option.
I’ve been asked a few times to review this program but I want, first, to make sure that it really is a good product for readers of Windows Guides. After extensive testing, I can confirm this program works really well.
How to Use EASEUS Partition Master Home
I have reviewed the Pro edition of this program in the past and feel at home edition performs all the essential functions to help you stay on top of disk management.
A simple example of this program action is shown below with screenshots and annotations.
How to Extend a Partition
In this example, I’ll show you how to extend a partition with EASEUS Partition Manager Home. To extend a partition, do the following:
- Open EASEUS. Notice in this example that I already have some free space (16GB) at the end of my drive
- Right click the partition that you want to extend and click Resize/Move
- Notice the free space after the drive
- Now extend the partition by increasing its size (if you put in 1000000MB, EASEUS will realize you don’t have that much space and make the partition as big as possible)
- Now the partition shows no free space after it
- Click Apply
- You are asked to confirm your change
- Because data on the partition is being accessed, you’ll need to restart your machine (this is normal with partition management)
Download EASEUS Partition Master Home
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides
4 Responses to EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition [Featured Download]
64-bit not supported :(
What’s wrong with Windows’ built in partition manager? I see so many people mess up their system with 3rd party partitioning software.
Trackbacks (Trackback URL)