If you want to protect the files on your computer in an easy way, Secret Disk provides a great solution. in the past, I’ve reviewed TrueCrypt but the use of this program can be overwhelming at best. Secret Disk is a much simpler solution and has you up and running in no time.
Please note: if you are trying to protect your files from a customs, or similar, inspecition, you may be required to enter your password. Thus, using a program like this is not a solution to hiding illegal information–don’t do it!
How to Use Secret Disk
To use Secret Disk, do the following:
- Start the program and select a password
- Secret Disk creates a partition for your hidden files (note: if you already have the X drive mapped on your network, like I have, Secret Disk will replace this mapping until you close the program)
- Now you can store your files on this partition
- Lock your disk when you are finished with it
- Now the disk is locked, it cannot be accessed
- To unlock the secret partition, just start the program, click unlock, and type in your password
- You can delete your secret disk at any time
This program is an excellent solution for anyone who is looking to protect sensitive files; download it below.
Download Secret Disk