Many of my drives are split into two or more partitions. Why would you want to split your drive into multiple partitions?
- Create a dual boot system.
- Create a triple/quad boot system with Linux and OS X.
- Relocate your personal folders to minimize data loss from malware.
- Minimize fragmentation on your system partition.
- Decrease the chance of filling your operating systems drive up to the point where it cannot function properly.
Note: Here’s how to create, move, resize, and delete partitions with Windows’ built in disk management tool.
In this review, I share EASEUS’ latest, free partition management tool: EASEUS Partition Master Home Edition.
I’ve been asked a few times to review this program but I want, first, to make sure that it really is a good product for readers of Windows Guides. After extensive testing, I can confirm this program works really well.
How to Use EASEUS Partition Master Home
I have reviewed the Pro edition of this program in the past and feel at home edition performs all the essential functions to help you stay on top of disk management.
A simple example of this program action is shown below with screenshots and annotations.
How to Extend a Partition
In this example, I’ll show you how to extend a partition with EASEUS Partition Manager Home. To extend a partition, do the following:
- Open EASEUS Partition Master Home.Notice in this example that I already have some free space (16GB) at the end of my drive.
- Right click the partition that you want to extend and click Resize/Move.
Notice the free space after the drive.
- Now extend the partition by increasing its size (if you put in 1000000MB, the software will recognize you don’t have that much space and make the partition as big as possible.)
- Click OK and now the partition shows no free space at the end.
- Click Apply.
- You are asked to confirm your change. Click Yes.
- Because data on the partition is being accessed, you’ll need to restart your machine (this is normal with partition management.) Click Yes to restart your machine.
Other Practical Uses
For other practical uses with this program, please see the following guides:
- Create a dual boot system
- Create a triple/quad boot system with Linux and OS X
- Relocate your personal folders to minimize data loss from malware
Download EASEUS Partition Master Home