Eraser removes data from your computer completely. You may already know that when you “format” a drive, the information is still there. The best way to completely remove data is to write over it, and this is what Eraser does. Eraser is designed for XP, Server 2003, and older Windows versions.
- Erases Files and Folders
- Erases Files/Folders that were only previously ‘deleted’
- Erases all hard drives using ‘Darik’s Boot and Nuke’ method
- Erases Index.dat on Reboot
- Erases Encrypted Files and Drives
- Erases FreeSpace on 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP and DOS
- Erases contents of the Recycle Bin
- Erases Compressed Files and Drives
- Erases Network Files, Floppy Disks, CD-RW, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW
- Erases Windows Temporary Files
- Erases Internet Cookies
- Erases Paging (swap) file
- Erases Internet Cache
- Appears as an ‘Erase’ option on the Context Menu of Windows Explorer and Recycle Bin
- Comes with an Eraser Scheduler that allows you to create user-defined tasks
- Defeats File Recovery software applications Hardware tools
- Supports FAT32 and NTFS Files Systems
- Eraser is easy to use and comes with a dedicated support network.
- Windows XP, Server 2003, or older versions of Windows
Looking for something else?
Get free books and software from Windows Guides