About three to five times a week, I get an email from site readers asking me to update their email address. I’m always happy to update their address for them but I never get round to showing how they can do it themselves.
If you’re subscribed to one or more email newsletters and you change your email address, it can be a pain send an email to the owner of each newsletter asking them to make the switch.
This guide will show you how to update your email address for most newsletters.
Step 1. Unsubscribe Your Old Email Address
Note: All reputable newsletters offer an unsubscribe button. The fewer clicks you have to make to unsubscribe, the better.
To remove your old address from the site’s subscription list:
- Log in to your old email account
- Open a recent newsletter
- Scroll to the bottom of the email and click Unsubscribe Now (or similar wording)
Step 2. Subscribe Your New Address
Now go to the site’s main page and look for an “email subscription” button or a mail icon. Click the icon to subscribe with your new address.
Here’s how to subscribe on www.mintywhite.com:
1. Go to www.mintywhite.com and click the mail icon:
2. Type in your address, type the verification code, and click Complete Subscription Request:
3. Now go to your email and follow the instructions sent to you by the newsletter owners.
You can always send the site newsletter owner(s) an email anyway; we really like to hear from you and like taking suggestions.