Okay I needed a catchy headline here. If you don’t have too much money to spend on expensive DVD-ripping software, and have no luck winning a free license – then I have great news for you. This DVD-ripper is not only simple to use, its FREE!
bitRipper – Simple and userfriendly
bitRipper convert any DVD movie to AVI-format, on the fly. It can be used for one-click ripping as good as for advanced modes. You choose whether to use default configuration values or to set them manually.
The interface is so simple to use that even my grandmother (age 83) can use it, if she’d owned a computer (and a DVD player). If you prefer to use the default settings, it’s a matter of inserting the DVD, choose the Save-To Folder, and start rrripping.
- Video and audio codecs configuration
- Video resolution and aspect ratio
- Sound track language and sound value normalization
- Variety of actions to be performed after the copying process is completed
- Includes 3rd party decryption module for CSS protected DVDs
- bitRipper does not need gigabytes of space to copy all DVD content to the hard drive before converting to AVI.
- It converts video on-the-fly, copying data and writing it to AVI file at the same time.
bitRipper was a commercial tool and was developed as such. At some point they decided to go freeware and provide it free of charge. At first you had to register with a free key – this has since been removed.
Computer geek from the age of 7, which amounts to 30 years of computer experience. From the early days (when every computer company had their own OS) of DOS, Windows 1.0 through Seven...