|Windows Guides’ Rating||Compatible with||System|
|4 out of 5|
PROS: Easy. No Expertise needed, what so ever. Just run it, follow the wizard.
CONS: Still in Beta. But that’s about it
VERDICT: If you are looking for a simple solution to create bootable Setup disks. This is the tool for you. It takes no more than 5 minutes to complete.
VERSION REVIEWED: 0.7.0000 (BETA)
I know, there are many solutions on how to create a Bootable Installation Disk for Windows. In a post (not too long ago) Rich showed you how to do exactly that – “the old-fashioned way” (Read it Here). Now I bring you a great piece of freeware to do the job for you: WinToFlash. Don’t get me wrong, the “old school” still works, and good too. But if you feel uneasy using tools without a familiar GUI interface, then WinToFlash is the way to go.
Win2Flash is still in beta and does not (yet) come with an installation package. Simply Unzip the files to a folder and you are set.
What you need
- Installation CD/DVD (original of course)
- USB Flash Disk
- Win2Flash Software
Any Windows Version – Easy
Win2Flash has two options: Wizard and Advanced. The Advanced settings allows you to control how your Flash Drive is formatted, which windows version to use and so on. For most users, the wizard will suffice.
- After you unzip the Win2Flash software, insert the Windows Setup Disk and connect your USB Flash Drive.
- Start Win2Flash and click the Wizard button, and Click Next (Twice)
- In the Basic Parameter Window, choose the Windows Files and Flash Drive Path.
- Click Next
- Now Win2Flash will ask to format your Flash Drive and start copying the setupfiles.
- Close the application when done (There is no Exit Button).
And that is it. WinToFlash takes no more than 5 minutes to complete, giving you a hassle free Flash Drive Setup Disk.
Computer geek from the age of 7, which amounts to 30 years of computer experience. From the early days (when every computer company had their own OS) of DOS, Windows 1.0 through Seven...
Search Windows Guides