If you have an iPhone or iPod touch, you can now use Windows Forums on it. In this guide, you’ll learn how to set your iPhone up to browse the forums.
There was some previous interest for Windows Forums on the iPhone and to be honest, I was hoping something like this would come along because I didn’t want to customize the forums myself only to find a professional solution was in the works. I have no idea how long this app has been out, but after a search for “phpbb” (the software on which Windows Forums runs) on the Apple App Store, this was the only solution I could find.
Please note: In this guide, I show you the Lite version of the app. You can buy the normal version for $0.99 USD, which enables private messaging and removes the “Posted with TouchBB Lite” message at the bottom of each post (well, probably, but I haven’t tried.)
To access Windows Forums from your iPhone:
- Go to the app store and download TouchBB Lite.
- Open the app, click accounts, and click Add. Use the following information:
- Access URL: http://forum.mintywhite.com
- Username: Your Windows Forums username (don’t have one?)
- Password: Same as your forum password.
- Now click Forum and you can view Windows Forums.
TouchBB Lite Features
|Search forums in real time|
Rich is the owner and creator of Windows Guides; he spends his time breaking things on his PC so he can write how-to guides to fix them.
- More Posts (1019)
Search Windows Guides