Hi, I’m Tim
Over the years, Rich has taught me a lot about computing and he still does. It’s been years since you read mintywhite Windows Guides (same for me.) I miss the community, free software and books etc.
I’d like to share what I’ve learned.
I’m not planning to write much about Windows but, if you use Windows, I’ll have you covered. I’ve set up a lab environment ready to get your home computing into the 21st century. Here’s what I’ll cover:
- Home network equipment installation
- Security (VPN, Proxies, secure gateways, firewalls, CDN etc.)
- Reduce latency “at the last mile” — great for competitive gaming, video conferencing, live streaming etc.
- 10 Gb compatible Ethernet installation
- Home entertainment stack: NAS, media server, media providers, media players, sharing your media – great for movie, music, and spoken word collectors
- Build your own home private cloud and integrate with public cloud
- 2020 spec gaming PC build and configuration
- 2020 spec NAS build and configuration
- Capture and build telemetry dashboards and run analytics for servers, networks etc.
- Home automation hardware installation and configuration
If you’re interested in learning more and contributing to the above, email me at
Take care and stay safe.