Web Analytics
   Forum Home •   FAQ         
   Windows Forums
Last visit was: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:46 am Donate a Dollar to Pay for Next Year’s Web Hosting It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:46 am

All times are UTC

[ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: IE Crashes (Goes white) and Has to Close. Any Ideas?
New postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Windows Guides reader, rkent57, has the following question:

Quote:
My OS: (WinXp Pro MCE, 3.4ghz with 3gb ram SP3 installed and all updates made.)

Just recently my IE browser started to encounter an error upon shutdown. When I try to close out the browser, the window goes white and I get a message that states: IE encountered an error during shut down you will loose any unsaved information. For further tech info hit this link:

I got this tech garb:
- App name: iexplorer.exe
- App version: 7.0.06000.16791
- Mod version: 0.0.0.0
- Offset: 05a01374

Anyone got any ideas? I keep my PC defragged, virus free and constantly scanned and have no idea how to fix. Can I re-install IE?

Do any of you Gurus have an answer? (Thanks :))

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: IE Crashes (Goes white) and Has to Close. Any Ideas?
New postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:31 am 
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

@ Rich & rkent57 - My desktop pc is an XP-Pro MCE with SP3 and Pentium4 3.0Ghz processor. [Similar to the specification on yours, rkent57] - I too have had that problem before with the browser turning white,I just uninstalled IE7 and reinstalled it.....it solved the problem! This problem has never occurred since. :)
To uninstall IE7 [in XP,and roll back to IE6] Click Start/Control Panel/Add and Remove Programs,then highlight "Internet Explorer 7" on the list with a left-click and the "Remove" option box comes up .... click "Remove" and it will uninstall IE7 and roll back to IE6. [A reboot would be a good idea at this point!]
Then after rebooting,using IE6 choose a search engine, type "Internet Explorer 7 download page" in the search box and search. - Or go directly to the IE7 download page here: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downlo ... itnow.mspx ...... [rkent57, am assuming you want to reinstall IE7 as opposed to IE8??] .... and just follow the on-screen instructions. [IE7 download for XP-SP2 is on the left of the screen,just scroll down to it, I say this because IE8 download option is on the SAME PAGE!! - So be careful!]
I personally, would stick with IE7 for a wee while until IE8 has had at least a couple of patches applied to it,as IE8 [Final] was only released 3 weeks or so ago! [It's bound to be a bit "buggy" at first .... and by all accounts it "IS" a bit buggy!!] ;)

Last edited by randomchaos on Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:00 pm 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Thanks for the info, I'll use it the next time I run into this. I think what happened is I got a "buggy" program but even after uninstalling it...I could not fix it. Anyhow, it was time to re-format the drive so I did and now is all well.

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:22 pm 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Try uninstalling and reinstalling IE7 - and don't forget the updates associated with it. Hopefully this will help you out!

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:24 pm 
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

@ Villela - Yeah,I kinda said that already! ;)

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:14 pm 
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

@ rkent57 - Hope you manage to get a clean install of IE7 now you've formatted the drive. :)

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:18 pm 

you couldve reseted your explorer to the manufactuer settings ! from the advanced options , and try to unload useless addons , this will help if you sp3 , you can access IE7 no addons from start/allprog/Accessories , better luck next time

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:33 am 
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

*agrees with X

You probably have wonky addon causing issues. If the reinstall of IE7 worked great, if not then you'll need to disable any addons you have running in it.

Two ways to do this, one is to go to Tools - Manage Addons, the other is to go directly to the files themselves (harder because some files aren't named in a nice user friendly way), and delete or them. You can find them at: "c:\windows\downloaded program files" And that only works for some like java, shockwave and some malware programs. Other Addons live where they are installed and can't be renamed. Best bet is to go the menu way and once that window is open, right click on any addon that looks odd, or 'new' and select "disable", or better yet, disable all of them. Then restart IE, and see if it runs fine. If it does then you know it was an addon. Then you can go back in and re-enable them one by one until the culprit is found.

Please post your results. We've had a lot of 'ask and run' here and we're all wondering if what we said helped.

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:06 am 
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

This may not help but switch over to Firefox and am sure ur not need to reformat or uninstall anything...Just a kind suggestion..

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:13 am 
Established Member
Established Member

Rich its like this iexplorer.exe means that your internet explorer program is having registry error try to have tune-up utilities 2009 installed in your pc that will definitely solve your issues.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 10 posts ]