Web Analytics
   Register •   Forum Home •   FAQ      Login    
   Windows Forums Register
Donate a Dollar to Pay for Next Year’s Web Hosting It is currently Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Will you upgrade from XP to Windows 7?
Yes 37%  37%  [ 13 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
Maybe 45%  45%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject: Re: Upgrade from XP to Windows 7
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:22 pm 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

I am not going to buy windows 7 until I buy a new computer. This on has windowsxp with Vista Home over the top. Running good now, no need to change a good thing.

d_may

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 pm 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

Yes - eventually. So far there has been fairly good reports about 7 but I will hang on until it has been out for a while and all the bugs get sorted with the release version.

I have resisted the temptation to get Vista and am still happily using XP SP3. As they say - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". :lol:

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:44 am 
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

I've been using it at home and we're going to adopt it at work as soon as SP1 comes out which I've read is already in the works (how can you have an SP when you haven't even released it yet? Pure MS genius at work I see...lol)

I've only had issues with some pci related drivers but it's usually cleared up with some OEM vista drivers. I like it, seems more fluid than XP, and I never used vista so it's a nice change from XP although XP is pretty stable anymore.

I work at an advertising agency and we try to stay on the edge of tech but with 16k users across north america it's hard to plan for everyone. Plus with the no direct route of upgrading XP to 7, that'll make things interesting for the team I'm on (we do the software rollouts and custom deployments for all of North America).

We're worried about Office 2007 being a big learning curve and we're just now rolling that out so I can't imagine what's going to happen with Windows 7. :o

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:02 am 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

I really liked what i saw so far in Windows 7, so, as soon as I'll buy a new PC, I'll buy Windows 7 too for it.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:45 pm 
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

I'm looking forward to the Windows 7 upgrade. I've enjoyed XP....glad I missed the "Vista experience".....but I need something new or else I'll have to get a MAC....AIYAHHH!!!

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:08 pm 
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

I've been playing with Win7 and Office 2007 SP2 for a while now, and everything seems to be running well (even IE8!), so I've taken the plunge and pre-ordered a copy for my playtime system, just so I can keep up with Win7 developments and watch them unfold. If the wheels fall off suddenly, I'm not losing anything, though. The big difference in my case, is that I'm not running all sorts of funky software from mom & pop shops that only gets upgraded every 7 years whether it need it or not.
I love the speed of Win7 startup and will continue to explore the features, but my data is being constantly backed up to an external hard drive (with versioning turned on, so I can recover from "oops, I didn't want to save that after all") using SyncBack.
I've put up with Vista for the last two years, so I'm sure I'll adopt Win7 pretty quickly.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:42 pm 
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

.yes but i rather DUAL BOOT my win7 so i get 2 awsome OS's/

We will soon get our own domain name.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:10 pm 
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

i agree with JustinzHereNow in a point but i disagree in another
the two os's are awesome but i think that we should let XP go
i mean its 2009 guys and the first XP was released in 2002 ((7 years )) i mean this is a lot
vista was a failure for sure and we aren't discussing that
i mean its full of bugs and it takes almost more than the half of your resources and that i much
for some one who doesn't actually uses big software's like games and designing programs it wont matter , but for some one like me i cant be using my windows and all the sudden a crash message comes up and all my work is gone
that is too much
i hope that Microsoft makes it right this time , cuz it honestly don't think that the windows users will wait for like 2011 or 2012 to get a good OS
Apple and Linux are moving forward with there os's
Ive been using Linux Ubuntu for almost 6 months now
and i guarantee you that i haven't seen like this OS really
no bugs no anti viruses no security issues or patches
its amazing really
its not like the old times where windows was alone on the market
now since Google is lunching it's OS (( Google Chrome )) and it has been given a good rating by the feed backs and the ratings.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:45 pm 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

I have it ordered so I sure hope they have most of the kinks out of it. Really hate those little pesky bugs!!

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've been using Windows 7 since the first day the beta was released in January, and have tried numerous builds, the RC, and now the RTM. This is by far the best Windows operating system I have ever used and I highly recommend it to everyone who asks. True, older Windows run fine on older machines, but underneath the hood on Vista and 7 are new technologies that take full advantage of newer technologies such as faster RAM (DDR3), faster clock speeds on chipsets, and especially multiple-core processors. Also, 7 is very good in 64-bit and I have had no problem finding drivers or software that are compatible. This is important as 32-bit fades out in the next couple of years. Windows 7 RTM is bug-free, safer than Vista or XP (just look at the number of security patches that come out every month - 7 has half of what the others do), faster than Vista or XP, looks great, has tremendous driver support, doesn't take up a lot of HDD space or system resources, and all around performs great!

Profile E-mail