Web Analytics
   Register •   Forum Home •   FAQ      Login    
   Windows Forums Register
Donate a Dollar to Pay for Next Year’s Web Hosting It is currently Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Will you upgrade from XP to Windows 7?
Yes 37%  37%  [ 13 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 6 ]
Maybe 45%  45%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject: Upgrade from XP to Windows 7
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:42 am 

Based on the RC how many of you will be buying a licence for Windows 7?

Last edited by rsvr85 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Upgrade from XP to Windows 7
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:25 pm 
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

Would you please give the people saying 'yes' to buying a MS product, based on a BETA, my email address .. I have some beach front property in Kansas I would like to sell them. :D

Please ask the question again after the RC comes out. At least we'll be able to better judge if MS is going to screw up a good thing or not. And then there is always the question of how deep MS wants to dig into our pockets! :(

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:53 pm 
Frequent Member
Frequent Member

I suspect that a lot of people will wait until Windows 7 is being sold with new PCs, unless MS cuts their prices drastically. I've been playing with the Win7 Beta since it appeared, and it looks great, BUT there's nothing there that would make me rush out to get it. I'm running XP SP3 at work, and Vista Home Premium SP1 at home, and I'm perfectly satisfied with both of them, for what I'm doing.
Within 3 years of the Win7 release, companies will probably start refreshing their PCs to the latest and greatest version of Windows, provided they've done their due diligence and tested all their apps to ensure they can run with Windows 7 -- That's a long, involved and expensive proposition. There are some companies out there still running Windows 95, 98 and 2000 :o.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:59 am 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

nice explanation......i really appreciate that.thanxx sir

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:34 am 
Established Member
Established Member

Maybe and No too!!! :lol:

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:08 am 

@ acdouglas - I agree with some of what you say, I use an XP-Pro,SP3,1GB RAM desktop and a Vista laptop,Home Prem,2GB RAM,SP1 - They more than meet my needs,but I keep an open mind on whether I'll buy a Windows7 desktop to replace my XP-Pro...... but that'll be when WIN7 has been firmly established as an OS! [probably when it has SP1 or SP2 on it! :lol:]

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:06 pm 
Established Member
Established Member

hmmmmm I play a lot of games, and unfortunately, I believe, that the companies make their games especially for XP, when it was the latest, then for VISTA and now they will for Win7 so that we have to buy those OS.

Si ponemos de lado........sorry. If we put that aside all I need is pretty much a Web Browser and WORD. So, am I going to change to Win7???? Im gonna go with randomchaos. Im gonna wait to see if it's that good or to see if there's a game worth the money.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:45 pm 

@ EasterBunny - Well by all accounts Windows7 IS good from what I've been reading and NOT a resource hog like Vista ..... but I'll wait till it's established as an OS, I can't be bothered with Betas! :lol:

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:50 am 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

I currently have Vista Eternity (Rockersteam modification) as my primary operating system with Windows 7 as a dual boot. I have spent a lot of time with 7 the past week as I explore some of its nuances. It appears to be a very user-friendly system without a lot of "bloat" included in the unmodified Vista, but it doesn't include some of the good-looking things such as dreamscape (which I have really come to like in Vista Eternity).

If I were not using the one of the modified Vistas I would definitely still be using Windows XP.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:22 pm 

@ cetteacher - Well I still use my XP-PRO desktop,it's a fast,light,reliable system [with SP3 of course!] ..... I use a Vista HomePrem laptop too,it's tweaked to the hilt to save on resources and yet still keeping the Aero theme on it! I did all the tweaks [such as going on the Black Viper and SpeedyVista sites to tweak lots of the Vista Services and switching off some of the Performance Options and disabling the Sidebar] to compensate for wanting to keep the Aero theme.When idle,it shows as 30% RAM usage [of 2GB] - Before I did all the tweaking it was showing as 40%+ RAM usage [of 2GB]!! - I'll settle for that! :lol:

Profile E-mail