Web Analytics
   Register •   Forum Home •   FAQ      Login    
   Windows Forums Register
Donate a Dollar to Pay for Next Year’s Web Hosting It is currently Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Missing Hard drives in dual boot system (Sorted NOW)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:24 pm 
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

Hi
I am NOT a novice user but have a problem I cannot sort out and wonder if anyone can help? Please dont think this is a simple problem so please avoid simple answers (unless its one that works) I have a dual boot system with vista premium and vista ultimate. The premium setup sees the disks correctly and the 2 dvd drives no problem. However when I log into the ultimate cofiguration one of the internal drives and one of the dvds and one of the usb external drives comes up as 'other devices' in device manager and does not load drivers for these devices and says devices working properly and no drivers required. In the premium setup the standard drivers are loaded and he devices appear in the correct areas. I cannot get the update drivers to work in any way shape or form. I have also ensured that the ide ata/atapi drivers are all correct as well as the storage controllers. In the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers the sata devices are listed under the correct ports. The dvd drive that does not work is a SATA device and that too is listed in controller section ok. I have roxio 2009 on both systems and that also created a virtual DVD which is unmounted and closed and also magicdisc and I wonder if the virtual discs have screwed up the dvd configuration somehow. When i uninstall the devices in device manger and reboot I can see the internal HD and the USB external drive windows then automatically install drivers and requests a reboot but the drives the disappear into other devices and at no point can I see the sata DVD.

Everything was working fine till I installed the new internal Hard disk.

Please if anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Now Sorted. copied all the drivers from the premium setup using drivermax then reinstalled those drivers in the ultimate setup can now see and use all the drives just have a small problem with one of the system device drivers but everything seems to be working fine! [/color]

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Missing Hard drives in dual boot system (Sorted NOW)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:31 pm 

Quote:
I am NOT a novice user but have a problem I cannot sort out and wonder if anyone can help? Please dont think this is a simple problem so please avoid simple answers (unless its one that works)

:shock::shock::shock:

Quote:
Now Sorted. copied all the drivers from the premium setup using drivermax then reinstalled those drivers in the ultimate setup

Profile E-mail