Web Analytics
   Register •   Forum Home •   FAQ      Login    
   Windows Forums Register
Donate a Dollar to Pay for Next Year’s Web Hosting It is currently Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Meta<Browser/>
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:20 pm 
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

I have been fallowing the guide on how to customize Windows 7 Media Center and have more less accomplished everything i wanted to. This guide has saved me allot of time that's for sure.

The reason I'm posting is that im having some difficulty understanding how to use Meta<Browser/>.

I fallowed everything step by step per the guide, but its just not locating my movies within the directories. Unless Im understanding it wrong I thought if I tell it the location of my movies it will find them.

For instance, my movies are located in f:/storage/videos/new movies/ with each movie in its own named folder. When i add the directory to meta browser like so,
Attachment:
Capture1.JPG

and i save it it dont show all the movies like so,
Attachment:
Capture2.JPG

I have to add every individual folder in order for it to see them. If i put the movies in a folder all together with out their named folder it does the same thing.

I have looked high and low and cant find any instruction on how to really use or solve this problem. Even the software's own website is incomplete with instructions. Does anyone have any insight as to what the solution is or where to get some real instructions on this piece of software?

Thanks

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: Meta<Browser/>
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:28 pm 
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

I solved my issue!

after playing with it some more i found that i had 1 movie not in a folder. once i removed that movie it populated like it was supposed to.

But still would liek to find instructions so i can mess up the other settings

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:11 pm 

Hi fogkeebler & welcome to mintywhite :D

I'm glad to hear that the guides are helping you & you sorted your initial out. Rich & I compiled those guides into a book, found here if you're interested. :)
One of the reasons i wrote a specific section on using meta<browser/> was because documentation for it's use is pretty sparse. I mentioned from the beginning that you'd have to be extremely organised for metadata pullers to work effectively. It's also worth noting that if you have 'Box Sets' & DVD's meta<browser> will treat the Box Sets like DVD movies and will return no results or wrong results.
It really does take practice (and a few mistakes), to become proficient using meta<browser/>.
I ended up copying 10 DVD's & Box sets to my desktop and practicing with that before using it on my Video drive.

Profile E-mail  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:55 am 
Highly Valued Member
Highly Valued Member

welcome to mintywhite rsvr85. Hope you first time use of mintywhite is fantastic! just kiddin. congrats fogkeebler, you fixed your own problem by yourself!

We will soon get our own domain name.

Profile E-mail