Web Analytics
   Forum Home •   FAQ         
   Windows Forums
Last visit was: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am Donate a Dollar to Pay for Next Year’s Web Hosting It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:45 am

All times are UTC

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: removing windows 7 RC
New postPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:54 pm 
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

ok i am jumping the gun, having down loaded and installed Windows 7 RC and found little at this stage to scream about.
a number of things i used to have i cannot Find.
1) Icon spacing and Icon size ( at present the icons are either to small or to large )
2) and Here i am jumping the gun when i decide which variation of windows 7 to buy. how do i go about uninstalling the RC version

can any one help!!

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: removing windows 7 RC
New postPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 am 

Hi alexanderd and welcome ;)

1. If you mean the icon size on the desktop, left click anywhere on the desktop, hold down Ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel up to increase the size and scroll downwards to decrease the size.

2. I think you'll probably have to wait until nearer the time for that information to be accurate and complete. It'll also depend on whether you have a dual boot config. or just have the RC as your primary OS.

Can i ask, if there's little you've found to scream about with the W7RC, what makes you want to prematurely part with $300(ish!) for the final version which won't have many (if any) extra features over the RC?

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: removing windows 7 RC
New postPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:27 am 
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

rsvr85 wrote:
Hi alexanderd and welcome ;)

1. If you mean the icon size on the desktop, left click anywhere on the desktop, hold down Ctrl and scroll the mouse wheel up to increase the size and scroll downwards to decrease the size.

2. I think you'll probably have to wait until nearer the time for that information to be accurate and complete. It'll also depend on whether you have a dual boot config. or just have the RC as your primary OS.

Can i ask, if there's little you've found to scream about with the W7RC, what makes you want to prematurely part with $300(ish!) for the final version which won't have many (if any) extra features over the RC?

thank you for your reply, i will try and answer your questions in order
1)who can turn down the offer of using a new OS free for a year, not me so i have a lot to learn about the system and i will play arround with my icon sizing to find what is best for me.
2) no i have windows 7 on a stand alone PC which i have networked with an older Vista PC. and although i experienced problems because it is my first steps in networking all in all no problems, well only one . networking the fax and scan on my HP PSC 1215 is not available. hopefully either HP or microsoft will come up with a solution (printers only 2 years old and woks OH)
3)as you can see i am new to working with windows 7 and will continue to learn as i go along. Last night i experienced BOD, i changed my sound card for a better one ( creative ) and the drivers which were on the cd were were at varience with the system. I do like microsofts new way of recovering the system, it saved me a lot of heartache. i now have the correct drivers and all is well.
If the system continues to hold up as it is doing up to now, yes i will buy the it albe it not the ultimate i do not need all the bells and whistles needed for a buisness envirioment.
once again let me take the oportunity of saying thank you, and i will keep comming back to this forum so that i can learn from other peoples experiences.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 3 posts ]