Web Analytics
   Forum Home •   FAQ         
   Windows Forums
Last visit was: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:55 pm Donate a Dollar to Pay for Next Year’s Web Hosting It is currently Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:55 pm

All times are UTC

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: iTunes movies
New postPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here's a question: One that I actually haven't asked before and forgot about until now.

Most of my video files are movies in .divx or .xvid formats. I know I can't play these in iTunes unless they are converted to a .mov file. iTune cannot convert .xvid or .divx. So I either need to get these into a solid .avi (without the divx/xvid encoding) so iTunes can convert them correctly or use another software converter. Any recomendations?

Disclaimer: I don't want to watch these movies in iTunes. IMHO, iTunes is one of the worst media players I know of (it's just a skinned Quicktime, which is Spyware in my book!) I just want to watch them on my iPod. Thanks for everyone's help in advance!

Profile E-mail  
 Post subject: Re: iTunes movies
New postPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:42 am 
Established Member
Established Member

I use a great product called OJOsoft total video converter, its an amazing product, let me know if you need the download for it. I do too as well have a serial you can use.

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try this: http://www.mintywhite.com/tech/freeware/qui ... t-it-says/

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:31 pm 
New Kid on the Block
New Kid on the Block

I use NCH Prism Video Converter. It can convert directly to MP4 and can reduce to the size of an iPod screen ready to add to your iPod.

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:43 pm 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

you should not have to worry about playing videos. use media player and make sure you have d/led a codec pack and installed it for your pc. just remember to pick the right pack for your operating system

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think you're missing the point Win7Guy... I can play all of my movies on my PC, but because of the iPod's lack of codec support I cannot play them there (they are all XVid or DivX format). I was wondering if anyone had tried software that converts these formats to .mov so I can transfer them to an iPod in iTunes.

Profile E-mail  
New postPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:13 am 
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

I use SUPER all the time for transcoding movies and video for both my ipod and blackberry. The interface is not very user-friendly, and just trying to download the thing can be a frustrating exercise, but I've never found anything better for transcoding virtually any audio or video format into any other. Another nice thing is that you can tweak the settings to exactly what you need, then save the settings as a template.

Profile E-mail  
 [ 7 posts ]