In this guide, you’ll learn how to send and receive email with your new address from your exisiting account. You’ll also learn how to add your new account to Outlook. Other methods with other providers are possible and can be found through a simple web search.
Forwarding your email to your current inbox
To forward your email to your current inbox, do the following:
- Log in to your email account
- Click Settings
- Type your address in the forward box
- Save your changes
Sending Email with your new address from your current inbox (Gmail)
To send email from your current Gmail account, follow this guide.
Sending Email with your new address from your current inbox (Outlook)
Thanks to Nicholas West for the excellent guide:
To send mail with your new address from Outlook, do the following:
- Open Outlook, click Tools > Account Settings
- Under the email tab, click New
- Leave Microsoft Exchange selected and click Next
- Type in your name, email address, and password
- Check Manually Configure settings and click Next
- Copy the information from the screenshot below (substitute the email and name with yours)
- Click More Settings. When the dialogue pops up, click My outgoing server… and click Use same settings…
- Click the Advanced tab and mimic the settings from the screenshot below
- Press OK, and then click Next. A test may run.
- Click Next and click Finish
You are now set up to send mail, from Outlook, with your new email address.